What are cookies?
Cookies are text files that contain small amounts of information that are downloaded to your computer or mobile device when the User visits a website. Cookies are sent back to the original website at each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognizes them. Cookies can perform different functions such as allowing browsing between pages efficiently, remembering their preferences and, in general, improving user navigation. Cookies are sent back to the original website at each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognizes them. Las cookies pueden realizar diferentes funciones como permitir navegar entre las páginas de manera eficiente, recordando sus preferencias y en general, mejorar la navegación del usuario.
Types of cookies
According to different classification criteria, cookies can be classified into the following types:
- According to the issuer of cookies:
- Own cookies: These are those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain managed by the website’s own editor and from which the service requested by the user is provided.
- Third party cookies: Those that are sent to the user’s terminal equipment from a computer or domain that is not managed by the website’s editor, but by another entity that processes the data obtained through the cookies.
- According to the life cycle of cookies:
- Session Cookies: These are temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave the web page, nothing is recorded on the user’s hard drive. The information obtained through these cookies is used to analyze traffic patterns on the web. This allows to provide a better experience to improve the content and facilitate its use.
- Permanent cookies: They are stored on the hard drive and the website reads them each time the user makes a new visit. A permanent cookie has a certain expiration date. The cookie will stop working after that date. They are used to facilitate the purchase and registration services.
- According to the purpose for which the cookies are used:
- Technical cookies: These are those that allow the user to navigate through a web page, platform or application and the use of different options or services that exist in it, such as controlling traffic and data communication, identifying the session, access restricted access parts, remember the elements that make up an order, perform the purchase process of an order, make the request for registration or participation in an event, use security elements during navigation, store content for the broadcast videos or sound or share content through social networks.
- Personalization cookies: These are those that allow the user to access the service with some predefined general characteristics based on a series of criteria in the user’s terminal, such as the language, the type of browser through which the user accesses the service, the regional configuration from where you access the service, etc.
- Analysis Cookies: These are those that allow the person responsible for them to monitor and analyze the behavior of the users of the websites to which they are linked. The information collected through this type of cookies is used in the measurement of the activity of the websites, application or platform and for the elaboration of navigation profiles of the users of said sites, applications and platforms, in order to introduce improvements in function of the analysis of the usage data made by the users of the service.
- Advertising cookies: These are those that allow the management of advertising spaces that, if applicable, the publisher has included in a web page, application or platform from which it provides the requested service based on criteria such as the edited content or the frequency in which the ads are displayed.
- Behavioral advertising cookies: These are those that allow the management of advertising spaces that the editor has included in a web page, application or platform from which the requested service is provided. These cookies store information on the behavior of users obtained through the continuous observation of their browsing habits, which allows the development of a specific profile to display advertising based on this.
Types of cookies not necessary for navigation used on the website
All these processing tasks will be regulated according to the legal norms and all your data protection rights will be respected as per the current regulation.
How to configure cookies
The following links provide all the information to configure or disable cookies in each browser:
In addition, the User can manage the storage of cookies in their browser through tools such as the following:
Last update: July 1st, 2019.